Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)/ HIV Program
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 crisis, STD/HIV services are by appointment only for select services. Please call (586) 465-9217 for up-to-date information.
FREE CONDOMS - MAIL ORDER SERVICE
During the COVID-19 crisis, individuals can still receive condoms, free of charge, without visiting the clinic. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has set up a FREE service to send condoms by mail, to your home address. To get condoms delivered to your home, send an email request to MDHHS-FreeCondoms@michigan.gov with your name and home address.
The STD program provides confidential counseling, testing, diagnosis, and treatment for most sexually transmitted diseases.
Services are provided at no charge for persons age 12 years and older.
Please call (586) 465-9217 for available appointments. Office hours: Monday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Tuesday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Services are available by appointment only at the following Health Department locations and days:
Central Health Service Center Map to location
43525 Elizabeth Road
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Clinic on Thursdays at the Mt. Clemens location.
Southwest Health Center Map to location
27690 Van Dyke, Suite B
Warren, MI 48093
Clinic on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at the Warren location.
STD Services Provided:
- Risk assessment counseling
- Free condoms
- HIV counseling and testing
Testing and Treatment are available for the following:
- Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU)
No Testing or Treatment for the following:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Genital Warts (HPV)
- Pubic Lice
- PAP Smears
HIV Counseling and Testing:
The Macomb County Health Department also offers free HIV counseling and testing by appointment. For more information, see the HIV Counseling and Testing Program.
Call the Sexually Transmitted Disease Program at (586) 465-9217 or email us now!
- To learn more about HIV, please go to CDC HIV Information, and to learn about other STDs go to the CDC STD Page.
- For information on HIV treatment resources, you can call the Michigan HIV Infection "Hotline" at 1-800-872-2437.
- For STD statistics in Michigan see the Michigan Department of Community Health.
- For organizations, agencies and students in health fields: National Prevention Information Network.