Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program
TB disease develops from TB infection. People don’t know they have TB infection unless they have been tested for TB. TB is a serious disease that can cause a person to become very sick if not treated with medicine. TB usually affects the lungs, but it sometimes affects other parts of the body.
TB Skin Test
The Tuberculin skin test (TST/PPD) requires two visits to the Immunization Clinic: one to place the test and another to read the test 2 to 3 days later.
TB Assessment and Treatment
Call the TB Control Program at 586 469-5421 to schedule an appointment for the following:
- Persons with a positive PPD skin test who need further assessment
- Evaluate for latent TB infection or TB disease
- Pick-up medication
Location and Hours for TB Control Program
Central Health Center
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Mon-Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Map to location
TB follow-up at this location only.
Macomb County Tuberculosis Risk Assessment
Tuberculosis Cases and Rates for Macomb County and Michigan are available at Michigan TB Epidemiology.
If you have any questions or comments, we'd like to hear from you. Call 586 469-5421 or E-mail us now!
- For more information from the state TB program, please visit the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Tuberculosis Control Program website.
- American Lung Association has further information on TB and other respiratory diseases.
- Mayo Clinic for Tuberculosis
- Michigan Advisory Committee of Elimination of Tuberculosis (MI-ACET)