Food Sanitation Program
The Health Department works to protect the health of consumers by assuring that the food prepared and served in Macomb County's licensed food service establishments is wholesome and safe.
This is accomplished through a variety of activities:
- Make licensing recommendations to the Michigan Department of Agriculture
- Conduct regulatory inspections at all licensed food service establishments
- Provide training to food service operators
- Require a certified food service manager at each licensed establishment
- Investigate reported foodborne illnesses
To find out more, select the corresponding topic on the left.
If you have any questions, call us at 586-469-5236, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or E-mail us now.
Michigan Food Law, Act 92
Emergency Action Plans for Food Service Establishments