Drinking Water Wells
A significant segment of Macomb County's residents and small businesses rely on wells for their drinking water supply. Proper design, installation, maintenance and monitoring of drinking water wells is critical to the prevention of water-related diseases.
The Macomb County Health Department provides the following services to help minimize and prevent water-related illnesses and to prevent contamination of the ground water:
- Evaluate proposed well drilling sites
- Issue installation permits
- Conduct inspections during and after installation
- Conduct bacteriological and partial chemical sampling
- Monitor the plugging of abandoned well
If you have any questions, call us at 586-469-5236, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or E-mail us now.