Public Health Nursing
The Maternal Child Health Nursing program is comprised of highly trained Public Health Nurses (PHNs) who have extensive education and experience in assessing infants, children and their families within the community setting. The Health Department provides public health nursing services to individuals and families throughout Macomb County. The Public Health Nursing program takes a holistic view of health and focuses on counseling and education, nutrition, parenting, prenatal care, infant and postpartum care.
All county residents are eligible and there is no cost for public health nursing services.
Locations and Hours of Operation
There are two locations for Public Health Nursing. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please contact the office near you or email us now.
Central Health Center
43525 Elizabeth Road, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Southwest Health Center
27690 Van Dyke Ave., Suite B, Warren, MI 48093
- Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support to the family to have a positive pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Prenatal guidance
- Birthing information
- Home visits for pregnant women and families with young children
- Assistance with obtaining prenatal care
- Education on infant care
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Help with strengthening parenting skills
- Growth and developmental guidance
- Links to community resources
- Assistance in connecting to Early On services
- Safe Sleep instruction
- Lead education and monitoring
Download a referral form here.
What Other Services Are Available?
Join Our Facebook Page!
Are you pregnant or have a child under 1 year of age? Learn tips on having a healthy pregnancy and caring for your infant by getting FREE educational text messages to your cell phone. Click Text4Baby for more information.