Who is eligible for WIC?
WIC applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Belong to one of the following categories:
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Women up to 1 year after delivery
- Postpartum Women up to 6 months after delivery
- Children up to their 5th birthday
2. Resident of the State of Michigan.
U.S. Citizenship is not required. The Macomb County Health Department WIC program currently services Macomb County residents who live south of M-59 (Hall Rd.). If you live in Macomb County, but north of M-59, you should apply at the Community First Health Centers WIC Program: 586-749-5197, ext. 233.
3. Income eligible
To participate, you must be at or below 185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you are on Medicaid or food stamps (SNAP) you automatically qualify for WIC. Click here to view current income guidelines.
You may use this on-line screening tool to help you determine whether your family is eligible for WIC.