Empowering residents to adopt healthy behaviors through education and skill-building.
Healthy Communities aims to improve the conditions in which we live, learn, work and play.
Health Information Presentations
Healthy Communities staff conduct presentations to schools, worksites, local community/professional groups and health department staff on a wide variety of topics. For a complete list of presentations, please click here. They are also called upon to develop and present multi-media presentations to community groups when a public health concern arises. To schedule a presentation or learn more about our presentations, please call (586) 412-3399 or email us now.
At the local level, Health Educators and Public Health Nutritionists are active partners or leaders in the following community locations:
- Healthy Kids - Healthy Futures Coalition of Macomb County: dedicated to improving nutrition and physical activity opportunities for Macomb County youth.
- HealthStyles Macomb: a worksite wellness program aimed toward improving Macomb County employees health and safety status.
- Macomb County Tobacco Prevention Coalition: focused on preventing and reducing tobacco use and promoting clean indoor air in Macomb County.
- Safe Kids Macomb County: working to prevent unintentional injury in children under the age of fourteen.
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Network: dedicated to the awareness of colorectal cancer and the importance of screening through public education.
- Baby Resource Network of Macomb: dedicated to reducing infant mortality rates in Macomb County through education and awareness of healthy pregnancies and safe sleep.
- Macomb County Breastfeeding Coalition: identifies and reduces medical, social and economic barriers to breastfeeding in Macomb County.
- MOTION Coalition
- Hispanic Coalition of Macomb
- Warren/Centerline Prevention Coalition
- Macomb Food Collaborative
- Macomb Partners in Health
Healthy Communities staff are also contributing members of various state coalitions: Tobacco Free Michigan, Office of Highway Safety Planning Occupant Protection Team and Safe Kids Metro Detroit.
Child Passenger Safety Program
Free car seat safety checks by certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians. Car seat safety checks are available by appointment. Visit our Child Passenger Safety program web page to learn more about installing or using car seats safely or to schedule an appointment (586-412-3394 or email us now) with one of our Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians.
Nutrition Education and Consultations
Public Health Nutritionists provide support, education, resources and referral services for Macomb County residents including high risk populations such as uninsured, and/or low income pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children with special health care problems and individuals with chronic diseases. Call (586) 412-3396 or email us now to speak with a Public Health Nutritionist.
Tips on how to quit smoking successfully. For more information, call (586) 412-3391 or email us now.
Health displays for health department lobbies and community events. Visitors are encouraged to take hand-outs from displays.
Healthy Communities staff updates and promotes health department activities, health information and changes to office hours at the Macomb County Health Department Facebook page. Like us on Facebook to receive these important updates and health information.
Health Educators are available as community resources for general health education concerns and questions. For further information, please contact (586) 412-3399 or email us now.