Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
The Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a home visiting program that is free for Medicaid eligible pregnant people, infants up to 1 year old, and their families.
When you enroll in MIHP, you will be paired with your own personal nurse and social worker to help you and your baby stay healthy. Your nurse and social worker will design home visits to meet your family’s needs and talk about topics such as:
- Pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Breastfeeding and nutrition
- Infant growth and development
- Building a strong network of support
- Community resources such as housing, transportation, childcare and much more!
If you have any questions please call the Maternal Infant Health Program at 586-465-8429 or visit https://www.michigan.gov/mihp for more information!
Use this form to refer potential clients to the Maternal Infant Health Program.