The Macomb County Health Department operates the Medical Examiner's (ME) office, which is charged with investigating deaths due to violence, accidents and those not attended by a physician. The Medical Examiner's office also determines whether or not autopsies should be conducted.
Hours and Location
Staff are available to take your calls Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at (586) 469-5214.
Macomb County Medical Examiner's Office
43585 Elizabeth Rd
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
FAX (586) 469-6636
Holiday Office Closures
The Medical Examiner's office will be closed on the following days:
- Monday, 5/27/19 - MEMORIAL DAY
- Thursday, 7/4/19 - INDEPENDENCE DAY
- Monday, 9/2/19 - LABOR DAY
- Monday, 10/14/19 - COLUMBUS DAY
- Monday, 11/11/19 - VETERANS' DAY
- Thursday, 11/28/19 - THANKSGIVING DAY
- Friday, 11/29/19 - GOOD FRIDAY
- Tuesday, 12/24/19 - CHRISTMAS EVE
- Wednesday, 12/25/19 - CHRISTMAS DAY
- Tuesday, 12/31/19 - NEW YEAR'S EVE
Medical Examiner - Frequently Asked Questions
Annual Report - Macomb County Medical Examiner
Contact the Medical Examiner's office at (586) 469-5214 or Email us now.