Skip to main content
Email Subscription

To sign up for email updates from Macomb County or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your email address. If you would like to subscribe for text alerts please select Text Updates in the drop-down menu.

Health Department
Health and Community Services
43525 Elizabeth Road, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
(586) 469-5235

Environmental Health Services Portal

The Macomb County Health Department Environmental Health Services Division is now accepting online applications and payments for well and septic systems (onsite water and sewage) and our property transfer program (point of sale). These services are provided through Accela Citizen Access (ACA). Over time, we will be expanding this functionality across our division to allow for greater ease in applying for Environmental Health services.

Apply for:

* For soil evaluations completed before March of 2023, please contact our office before proceeding. 586-469-5236

User guides



How can I register for an Environmental Health self-service portal account?

The Macomb County Health Department Environmental Health Services Division utilizes Accela Citizen Access (ACA) to provide secure, online Environmental Health services to its clients. This is the same portal that Macomb County Public Works utilizes. To apply for a service online, you will first need to sign up for an account here. Please also see our how-to guide on Registering for an Account in Accela Citizen Access for more information.


How do I reset my password?

  1. Go to the citizen access portal and click on the Forgot password? link.
  2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
  3. Enter your Security Question and click Send New Password.
  4. An email will be sent with a temporary password.
  5. Enter the temporary password to the Sign in section and click Sign In.
  6. On the next screen, enter the temporary password that was emailed to you in the ‘Old Password’ field. Enter the new password in the ‘New password’ and ‘Confirm Password’ fields and click Submit.

Please follow the Account Registration user guide for more information


Do I have to register to submit an application?

Yes, in order to submit an application online through the Accela Citizen Access portal you must register for an account.


Do I need to register for an account with Environmental Health Services if I already have one with Macomb County Public Works?

No, one account will work for both Public Works and Environmental Health Services.


How can I submit my electronic plans, drawings, and photos?

You can submit documents while creating applications. If you want to add an additional document after submitting the application, please follow the steps-

  1. Go to the Macomb county self-service portal.
  2. Open your record/application and go to attachment section from ‘Record Info:
  • Click Add
  • Select a document from your computer, click Continue or Add (if you have additional documents)
  • Select document Type (i.e Sep_plans, Sep_Site Drawing)
  • Click Save


Do I need to submit hard copies of my plans if I already submitted them online?

No, we have the ability to fully process electronic plans now.


Septic and Well FAQs

What if my perc test was completed before this online service was available (March 2023)?

If your soil evaluation was conducted prior to March 2023, please call our office so that we can help determine the most efficient way to complete your new septic permit application. The Macomb County Health Department Environmental Health Services Division still maintains records of soil evaluations (perc tests) that occurred prior to launching our electronic self-service portal. These are a mixture of paper files as well as electronic records from this new system tied to the self-service portal.


How can I pay the plan review fee after my soil evaluation is completed?

  1. If your project requires further plan review, you will receive an email from the system to submit your plans and pay the appropriate fee.
  2. Go to the Macomb County Accela Citizen Access page and select the Environmental Health tab.
  3. Once you log in, you will see your records in the dashboard. The record with outstanding fee will show ‘Pay Fee Due’ in the ‘Action’ column. Click the Pay Fee Due link.
  4. It will open the payment tab of the record. Select Continue Application to pay online via credit card or select Pay In Person to mail or drop off a check.


How can I view and download my permit?

  1. Open your record from the portal and go to the attachment section from ‘Record Info’
  2. Once your permit is issued it will be available to view/download in this section.


Can I schedule an inspection online through the self-service portal?

Not at this time. Please call 586-469-5236 to schedule an inspection.


Where can I find the status of an inspection?

You can see the detailed information of upcoming and completed inspections.
  1. Open your record and select Record Info and then Inspections
  2. Click on the View Details under Actions to see detailed information about that inspection.

You can print the inspection information by clicking Print.


Property Transfer FAQs

How can I view and download my evaluation report and letters?

You can see the detailed information of upcoming and completed inspections.
  1. Log into your ACA Account.
  2. Your evaluation report, letters, and associated documents will be there when they are ready. You should also receive an email when your documents are completed.


How will I know when my property transfer has been authorized?

You will receive an email that there is a new letter in your account.


A postponement for an evaluation was authorized and we are ready to do the evaluation. What are our next steps?

Contact a registered evaluator to schedule an evaluation. Provide the evaluator with the PTA number that is on your letter of authorization.


What if I do not have an email address?

Your evaluator will have access to the evaluation they submit and associated documents. You can also call our office at 586-469-5236 or email and we can send you your documents or you can come to our office to pick them up.


How do I provide an electronic signature?

You will receive an email that you have a document to sign from DocuSign Once you open the document you will be able to review the document and add your electronic signature. Once it is completed it will automatically be sent back to us. You will then receive a confirmation email that the document has been completed.


What if I cannot provide an electronic signature?

We can send the documents to you, and you can sign them. Once they are signed, they need to be returned to our office.


How do I provide proof of correction?

You can upload documents and pictures to your Property Transfer Authorization (PTA) record created through your account. Go to the Attachment section and add a new document.


I need to install a new septic system or well. Do I need to create a new account?

No. If you created an account to apply for a property transfer evaluation, you will use the same account to apply for a septic or well permit.


Contact the Environmental Health Services Division

Phone 586-469-5236 | Email: