Seasonal Influenza (flu) Vaccine 2019-2020
It is recommended that all persons age 6 months and older receive a yearly flu vaccination. Please call our Flu Vaccine Hotline: 586-466-7923 for more information.
Flu vaccine will be given from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m. Each clinic has one late evening per week. Please visit the Flu Clinic Schedule web page for more information. Visit this page often- it will be updated regularly with new information.
For information on influenza illness and resources for flu outbreak management, visit our Influenza web page.
Note: For the 2019-2020 flu season, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends vaccination for everyone 6 months and older with any licensed, age-appropriate flu vaccine: Flu shot (inactivated influenza vaccine or IIV), Nasal Spray Flu vaccine (live attenuated influenza vaccine or LAIV) or the Recombinant influenza vaccine (RIV).
Flu Vaccine Clinic Schedules
Holiday Office Closures:
Click here to view a list of holiday closures.
A parent or guardian MUST be available to sign clinic health forms for each child.
Please bring with you to the health center: immunization record(s) and valid Medicaid and/or Medicare card along with any supplemental insurance cards.
For appointments or more information, please call one of our health centers: Mount Clemens (586) 469-5372; Warren (586) 465-8537; St. Clair Shores (586) 466-6800.
Flu Vaccine Registration and HIPAA Forms
Save time in line! Please print and complete a registration form for each individual who is to receive a flu vaccination. Child forms must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Cost of Flu Vaccine
- Seasonal influenza/flu vaccine cost is $20.00, payable by cash or check at all MCHD influenza/flu clinics.
- Credit card payment is available only at MCHD In-House clinic locations with an enhanced access fee applied for credit card usage, based on the amount of service being charged.
- We cannot accept Health Savings Account (HSA) or debit card only transactions.
- Children under the age of 19 years who do not have insurance coverage or whose insurance does not cover the cost of the flu vaccine can enroll in the Vaccines for Children Program and obtain the flu vaccine for the administration cost of $10.00.
We do accept eligible Medicaid coverage for children and adults - we will bill Medicaid and some commercial insurances.
For Healthcare Providers
Call our Flu Vaccine Hotline: 586-466-7923 for up-to-date information.
Vaccine Information Statements
Healthcare providers must use the Michigan Department of Community Health VIS linked below.
Vaccine Information Statement - Seasonal Nasal Spray (nasal spray vaccine)
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Questions and Answers:
- CDC: 2019-2020 Seasonal Flu Vaccine Information
- Questions and Answers Fluzone High Dose for Seniors
- Misconceptions about Seasonal Flu and Flu Vaccines